Israeli police crime scene investigators stand near bodies of suspected attackers outside a Jerusalem synagogue November 18, 2014.(Reuters / Ronen Zvulun)
This is a heavily linked post to a simple and tragic fact which this time is big news in America:
Today, Nov 18, two Palestinians killed four Israelis. Israeli defense forces then shot the two Palestinians. So what? Who cares?
Well, these two Palestinian cousins have managed to get America’s attention.
Turns out, the four Israelis are rabbis. Not only that, they have been killed in a synagogue. And three are American and one is British. American Jewish blood spilled in a Jewish synagogue in Jerusalem?
There is only one solution available to Netanyahu and the Likud and their supporters — accelerate the erasure of Palestine. Add the houses of the two Palestinians to the elimination of Palestinian dwellings. Arm all Jewish Israeli citizens. Hillary will concur. Barry will wring his hands and speak of peace.
Below are a few links;
- A “Russia Today” and an “NYT” report on the event, a Guardian report on the destruction of the Palestinians’ homes, and Obama’s “condemnation” (Today)
- A blog with various quotes re Israel bombing Gaza into the Stone Age (Nov 2014)
- An article by Ariel Sharon’s son to do to Gaza what the US did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki (2012)
- A Telegraph (UK) report on an Israeli destruction of a Palestinian family (2012)
- A recent backgrounder on Israeli/Paletinian history by William Polk a highly qualified observer (Nov 2014)
From Russia Today, Nov 18 2014
Four people have been killed and at least 8 wounded when two assailants attacked worshipers with knives, axes and a pistol in a synagogue in North Jerusalem in the morning. Three of the victims were dual nationality US citizens and one was from the UK…
Israeli police say both attackers were shot dead on the spot by officers. Spokeswoman Luba Samri described the incident as a “terrorist attack,” according to AP.
Israel’s Public Security Minister, Yitzhak Aharonovitch, has said that gun controls for self-defense will be eased in wake of the attack.
From NYT Nov 18 2014